Texas Oil & Gas Magazine Author & Submission Guidelines
About Texas Oil & Gas Magazine
Editorial Mission: The Editorial Mission of Texas Oil & Gas Magazine has the committment to be a platform to profile the small business owner to the large operators who are representing the oilfield industry and marketplace and who can both encourage, provide role models, and increase awareness to the communities they are drilling in. Texas Oil & Gas Magazine, through its magazine and editorial content, will be a vessel to inform oilfield workers about principles, work ethics, safety and innovative technology in everyday business and will encourage interaction among the oilfield industry and stakeholders. Our Mission is to promote the economic growth of the Texas Oil & Gas Industry by focusing on the major oil & gas plays in Texas.
Readership: Texas Oil & Gas Magazine readers are business owners, operators, c-level managers, procurement managers, investors, oilfield families, and fans of the oil & gas industry. They want to stay informed about the shale plays, their environments, their companies, and their workforce & families. They want to know about the trends and opportunities to expand their profitiability and strengthen their growth and leadership.
We’re looking for factual articles that are relevant to the oil and gas industry and focus on such areas as leadership, organizational change, strategy, operations, marketing, finance, managing people, biz development, etc.
The tone of your article should be peer to peer, business to business, or leader to leader.
Between 750 to 1200 words in length. Written by senior management, category experts, or department managers.
Word Count is FLEXIBLE...Remember we are looking for Quality not Quantity.
- SuperHeroes-Tell us about your SuperHero employee that stands out above the rest.
- News from the Shale-Tell us about your experiences in the different shale plays to include but not limited to: Eagle Ford Shale, Barnett Shale, and Permian Basin Shale
- Business Development-Share your tips and ways you have developed your business along with networking opportunities and marketing highlights.
- From the MidStream Expert-Share your expertise as a Midstream expert
- From the UpStream Expert-Share your expertise as an UpStream expert
- From the DownStream Expert-Share your expertise as a DownStream expert
- Innovation & Technology-If you have an emerging technology that is making a difference in the industry, we want to know about it.
- Leadership-Tell us about what makes your Leadership different or tell us about the Leadership skills, traits, & tips one must possess to lead one's company as a successful & profitable company.
- Women in the Field-We know that women are a minority in Oil & Gas. We want to recognize the Women in the Field...Share their stories!
- Oilfield Family Life-We will interview a family and we want your submissions of recipes and home life activities while dad is at the rig site! Share family photos, hunting/fishing photos, etc
- Social Responsibility-Share how your company is giving back to the local communities or how you are giving back on a global scale.
Please submit a brief bio (no more than 40 words) that includes your company website, contact info and a high resolution photo (300 dpi).
Texas Oil & Gas Magazine does not have a research department. It is your sole responsibility to have your facts checked. We have the right to call your sources if we feel the need to do so.
Primary sources-List your contact's name, phone number and email.
Secondary sources-List each source title, author, date, page number, and publication name. If from the Web please provide a complete URL
This may seem tedious but this policy is designed to protect Texas Oil & Gas Magazine, you, and your sources. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
How to Submit:
Window & Mac users--save as .doc
Attach your document and photos to email and send to Editor@TexasOilGasMagazine.com
Margin: Left Justified
Font: Times New Roman
Point Size: 12 pt
Spacing: 1.5 line spacing
One Line between paragraphs
One Space between sentences.
All Articles Submitted Must Include:
List of Primary & Secondary sources
Final Word Count
Include your name, contact info, & article title with all image submissions save photo as .jpg and must be High resoultion 300 dpi
In general, Texas Oil & Gas Magazine does not pay for article submissions. Any other arrangements must be made with the Publisher.
Jennifer Larivey, Publisher
Texas Oil & Gas Magazine
4 Dominion Drive Bldg 4 Suite 250
San Antonio, TX 78257